These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications,
including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part
of the terms and conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have fully accepted
and unconditionally agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
All decisions of the Promoter are final and binding in all matters relating to the competition.
Promoter: Wickes - Wickes Head Office, Vision House, Colonial Way, Watford, WD24 4JL
1. Only those persons who are resident in the UK and aged 18 or over are eligible to enter this competition. Employees of
the promoter or agent and any of their parent, subsidiary and/or affiliate companies as well as their
immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee
are not eligible to enter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the entrants’ eligibility.
2. If your photograph features any person or people, they should be aware that they are being photographed and permission
should be obtained from all involved (or their parent's/guardian's permission if under 16) for
their photograph to be submitted in the competition and posted on Twitter. If it is clear that the people
are not aware of their picture being taken or are embarrassed in any way by any entry we receive, the
Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the entry and remove the post. Any entry from a person under
the age of 18 will be removed and disqualified. The Promoter’s decision is final.
3. Promotion Period: Enter between 00:01 BST on 30th March 2018 and 23:59 BST on 6th April 2018.
4. No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid Twitter account are required.
5. To Enter: Log onto your Twitter account (or create one for free), tweet your photo with the Dulux Dog at Wickes Pontefract
and include the hashtag #WickesPontefract.
6. Further Entry Details:
a. The photo must be clearly of the Dulux Dog at Wickes in Pontefract; and
b. Participants must ensure that privacy settings on their Twitter account allow for them to participate in the Competition
and for the Promoter to see their post.
7. Maximum one entry per person during the Promotion Period.
8. The Prize: 1 winner will win 1 x £100 Wickes Gift Card. The Wickes Gift Card is issued by Wickes Building Supplies Limited.
For full terms and conditions visit www.wickes.co.uk/gifts
9. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this
10. Winner Selection: All valid entries received by the Promoter during the promotional period will be entered into a prize
draw to be conducted by an independent promotional verification service within 72 hours of the end date
of the promotion. Their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Winner Notification: The winner will be contacted via a direct message on Twitter within 7 working days of the draw and
will be required to respond to confirm eligibility, their postal address plus acceptance of the prize
within 14 days of initial contact. In the event a winner does not respond within 14 days of initial contact;
the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and allocate that prize to an alternate entrant
selected in the same manner. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their connections during this time in
case they are the winner.
12. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final.
13. The Promoter monitors responses to this Promotion and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are,
or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Twitter community or which
contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion.
As someone who enters the promotion, your use on Twitter is subject to the relevant platform’s terms and conditions.
14. Participants’ entries will be deemed invalid if any post -
a. contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
b. includes the names of any individual without their express permission; or
c. in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, cause any widespread or serious offence (taking into account prevailing community
views or standards)
d. contains content deemed socially irresponsible or likely to breach the CAP Code.
15. The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify entries which it considers do not comply with
these terms and conditions or any participant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair
running of this promotion.
16. No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part. The prize is also non-refundable, non-transferable
17. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of
equal or greater value. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of the prizes from the date of winner acceptance.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it
considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter
is satisfied with the verification.
20. All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will
not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including
systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these
terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that
an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’,
‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their
own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a
way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified
and any prize award will be void.
21. No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or
software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
22. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. You understand that you
are providing information to the Promoter and not to Twitter. The information you provide will only be
used for fulfilment of this Promotion unless you have agreed to its use for any other purpose. By entering
the Promotion all participants agree to a complete liability release to Twitter. All entries will be
23. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Twitter. The Promoter does not
therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to these websites.
24. Data Protection: Use of personal data received in the course of the promotion will only be used in accordance with the
current Data Protection legislation. By participating, you consent to the Promoter processing your personal
data for the purposes of carrying out the promotion, notifying and advising the winner and will not be
disclosed to a third party, other than is absolutely necessary to fulfil the prize offered under this
25. As far as permitted by law the Promoter excludes all liability in connection with the prize or Prize Draw.
26. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation,
indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained
(whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting
or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law (including, death
and personal injury caused by its negligence and fraud) In any event the Promoter’s liability is limited
to three thousand pounds (£3,000).
27. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering,
unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter
which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion,
the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify
any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
28. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents
the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure
to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
29. The promoter reserves the right to modify or withdraw this promotion at any time if circumstances arise which are beyond
30. By participating in the promotion the entrants license and grant the Promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual,
worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display
such content (within the entry) for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use,
attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where
the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials
contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part,
from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights. The Promoter may at its sole
discretion disqualify entries for which intellectual property claims are received and remove any such
entry or component thereof from the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion,
to remove and disqualify any entry that does not adhere to these Terms and Conditions.
31. The names and counties of the winners will be available by sending an email to: Kate@tbkagency.com after 13th April 2018
and will be available for 4 weeks.
32. By entering this Promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
33. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England
and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.