Understanding paint finishes
Planning and preparation
- Different finishes work in different types of room, so consider the room and how much traffic or moisture it will have
- Consider the condition of your walls and which paint would best suit it
- Make sure to clear your painting area before you start.
- It’s a good idea to paint on top of a neutral base colour, to avoid any issues with your new colours.
- Get creative with how the size, shape and colour with your blocks. This project is completely bespoke.
- Make sure your stepladder is standing on flat ground if you need to use one to reach high up areas.
Silk and Soft Sheen
For wood and trims.
The most durable finish.
Highly reflective, showing all imperfections.
Perfect for contact areas like doors and windows.