Wallpaper is a fast and fantastic way to inject some personality into a room transforming your walls.
- 2020 trends see bold palettes and abstract wallpaper; neutral pigments with raw textured wallpaper; retro glamour with rich and tonal geometric wallpaper; and soft tropics with bold botanical wallpaper.
- Wallpaper doesn’t just have to be for walls either. Try reviving a bedside table by lining the drawers, covering a shade, framing offcut pieces or adding kitsch appeal to furniture with decoupage.
- For advice on how to wallpaper a room, find our how-to guide in the ideas and advice hub.
Bold and modern wall murals are a great way to add some artistic flair to your spaces, bringing your room to life with a simple application.
- 2020 trends see murals making a big impact with a resurgence of chintzy, textured and geometric mural designs.
- Cover an entire wall, frame a headboard, theme and room or make a feature of a cosy corner.
2020’s colour trends bring harmony to our homes with a palette inspired by nature, including the Dulux Colour of the year, tranquil dawn.
- Expect soft romantic pastels, porcelain blues and earthy ochres dominating colour palettes everywhere.
- A fun way to add a burst of colour to an otherwise tired or unloved room, transform the walls with interior paints, revive old furniture or make a statement with a bold ceiling or painted floor.
- Watch our bedside table revival project for a range of renovation ideas and techniques.
Soft and directional lighting not only creates a warm welcome but can completely change the feel and mood of a room. 2020 lighting trends see chandeliers and geometric fixtures make a resurgence, while minimal pendant lights and filament light bulbs dominate loft-style simplicity.
- For ambient and stylish lighting, make a statement with an overhead ceiling light or colourful pendant.
- To create the perfect atmosphere for reading and relaxing, oversized table or floor lamps are ideal.
An upholstered headboard, plump pillows, duvet, throws and cushions, all make for a luxurious setting. With 2020’s colour palette extending through the walls to furnishings and textiles, take inspiration from the natural scheme and make the bed a focal point of your guest experience.
- Try theming your soft furnishings with botanical and geometric prints.
- Introduce linen in blues, greens and earthy tones, complemented with soft pastels and natural textures.
- Or upholster a headboard in a rich textured fabric for sumptuous hotel chic.
For more ideas, advice and DIY how-to guides, visit the inspiration hub; and share your #WithWickes project with us online.