Mosaic tiles add flair and style to any space. Expertly made to bring a touch of elegance to your walls or floors and easily installed, our mesh backing sheet sticks to your chosen surface. To effortlessly transform your new bathroom or kitchen, choose our mosaic tiles. Explore our selection now.
Transform your home with tiles that effortlessly reflect your unique personality and style. From our intricately patterned floor tiles to sleek, modern designs, we stock all the latest tile trends. Create a space that truly speaks to you with Wickes.
Use code 'SAMPLE' at checkout for free delivery on boutique tile samples.
Perfect for floors and walls, our exquisite collection of tiles is ideal for bathrooms, kitchens, hallways and tiling for outdoor areas. We offer a variety of tile sizes, colours and patterns such as marble effect and natural feel in porcelain, ceramic and glass. Whether you're looking to create a traditional or contemporary look, our tiles will give your space the perfect finishing touch. Stay on top of the latest tile trends with our selection of boutique tiles, offering unique and distinct patterns that will make a statement in any room. For those seeking a touch of elegance, explore our mosaic tiles, perfect for creating intricate designs or accents in any space. Transform your home today with our exceptional tile collection.
Can you drill into tiles?
Yes, however, drilling into tile requires extra care and the use of specific tools to avoid cracking your tiles. It’s important to use a drill with adjustable speed and a diamond-tipped or carbide-tipped drill bit suitable for the type of tile you’re working with. We recommend using masking tape or a nail punch to create a small indentation on the tile before drilling to prevent the drill bit from slipping.
What are the different types of tiles available?
We offer various types of tiles for different applications. Some commonly used tile types include:
- Ceramic Tiles: Made from clay and minerals, ceramic tiles are versatile and widely used for walls, floors and countertops, both indoors and outdoors.
- Porcelain Tiles: Denser and more durable than ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles are made from refined clay and fired at higher temperatures. Porcelain tiles are commonly used in high-traffic areas such as hallways, kitchens and bathrooms.
- Natural Stone: Tiles made from natural stone include marble, granite, slate and limestone. These are derived from natural materials and offer unique patterns and textures. They can be used for floors, walls and countertops, providing a natural and luxurious look.
- Glass Tiles: Available in various sizes, shapes, colours and finishes, glass tiles are commonly used for backsplashes, shower walls and decorative accents, as they add a modern and luminous touch to any space.
What’s the best type of tile for my project
The best type of tile for your project depends on various factors, including the specific application, desired aesthetic, budget and maintenance requirements. Here are a few considerations for different projects:
- Floors: For high-traffic areas, porcelain or ceramic tiles are excellent choices due to their durability. Natural stone tiles can add a touch of elegance but may require more maintenance. It’s important to select a slip-resistant tile for areas prone to moisture, such as bathrooms and kitchens.
- Walls: Ceramic, porcelain, glass and natural stone tiles can all be suitable for wall applications, depending on the desired look. Glass tiles are often preferred for decorative accents or backsplashes, while ceramic or porcelain tiles are commonly used for entire wall coverings.
- Splashbacks and Upstands: Quartz, porcelain, granite and natural stone tiles are great for splashbacks and upstands as they’re durable and resistant to stains, heat and scratches. It’s important to choose a tile that complements the overall design scheme and meets your practical needs.
If also completing a bathroom or kitchen, consult our design and installation service and one of our experts can help you choose the best type of tile for your home project.