Winter whiskey sour
- Apply honey to the rim of a tumbler and use it to stick gold glitter around it for a decorative festive flourish.
- Fill your glass with crushed ice.
- Add to a cocktail shaker- 25ml bourbon, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1 tbsp fresh orange juice and ½ tbsp sugar syrup.
- Shake and strain into your glass. Serve with an orange slice and short straw.
Cold brew martini
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add 30ml of vodka, 60ml of Kahlúa or a similar coffee liqueur, and 90ml of cold brew coffee.
- Shake firmly for at least ten seconds or until a nice foam has formed.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with coffee beans.
- Combine 50ml of whisky and 3 tsp of honey by whisking them together.
- Split it between two glasses, adding half of a cinnamon stick to each.
- Top up both glasses with 200ml boiling water.
- Add fresh lemon juice to taste, then finish with a slice of lemon that has been studded with a clove.
Mulled pear & cranberry punch
- In your largest saucepan, combine 1 litre of pear cider, 1 litre of pear or cloudy apple juice, 1 litre of cranberry juice, a handful of fresh or dried cranberries, 150ml of sloe gin, 2 cinnamon sticks and 2 vanilla pods scored lengthways.
- Heat until just below simmering point, then ladle into glasses.