Add an extra work surface to your work area with a hinged drop down workbench. Try adjusting the width and height to suit your space and common tasks.
- Utilise the table in your garage for painting projects, crafts and hobbies or mount larger power tools for an instant chopping or drilling station.
- Set yourself up a gardening bench in the shed, with space for storing seeds, pots and garden tools and ample surface area to bring your arrangements to life.
- Maximise your woodworking projects. Add a planing stop to one end of the bench with a small strip of offcut wood or beading trim, and store your tools, nails, pins and tacks in the cubby holes.
- Add a much needed dining space to a galley kitchen for compact dinner parties, maximising the surface for your fruit bowl, flowers and kitchen radio.
- Mount the table at a higher level with bar stools for a breakfast bar, to enjoy your weekend coffee and papers over.
- Extend your worktops with a food preparation butchers block, treated with interior wood oil for a tough and durable waterproof finish. Add small seedshooks to the drop leg for tea towels and aprons
Create a homework or colouring station in a child’s bedroom or study for dedicated activities. Mount at the correct height for comfy stools or a desk chair.
- A great addition to a playroom, paint with chalkboard paint and let the kids go to town with scribbles, sums and activities, keeping them entertained for hours. Wipe down and repeat for endless fun.
- Use as a foldaway study when space is limited. Add additional shelving around the wall mounted structure for books, papers and stationary and kit with a lamp for concentration tasks.
Whether you want an extra work surface in your shed or garage, a put away playroom desk or a galley kitchen breakfast table; a drop down table can be made in any shape, size and style with endless decorative possibilities.
Experiment with different options for the upper table top.
Timber sheeting is ideal for sheds and garages, while aesthetically pine or oak boarding may enhance kitchen and study décor.
- Switch up the security bolts. Choose an ornate dead bolt for the drop-down leg or go for a chunky and heavy duty industrial look
- Get creative with interior wood paint, varnish and wood stains. Paint the table the same colour as the wall for seamless blending when folded away; go natural and enhance the grain with wood varnish and wood stains, or make a feature of it and go for bold, bright colours.
- Paint the drop leg interior with chalkboard paint, fit cork board utilised as a handy family hub for notes, passwords and shopping lists, or install acrylic mirrored sheeting to help open up compact spaces.