DIY light fixture
Planning and preparation
- We are going to show you how to build DIY light fixtures, step by step.
- They utilise repurposed and recycled materials to help reduce waste and create something out of spare parts.
- The sconces are fully customisable, so you can brighten up any wall in your home with a design that perfectly complements your aesthetic.
- It should take a DIYer with moderate skill approximately a few hours to build, plus any time you allow for drying.
- This project is all about using whatever you’ve got, so there’s plenty of room to get creative with the materials you use.
- It makes use of the burn and brush technique; be sure to do this outdoors or in a well ventilated space, and on a suitable floor.
- Make sure to go with the grain of your wood when burning and staining.
- Always make sure that your chop saw is unplugged while you’re setting it up or changing accessories, to ensure your safety.
- Keeping the plug in sight acts as a visual reminder to prevent accidents and hazards.
- For extra safety when using power tools and painting, be sure to wear protective equipment, including your ear defenders, goggles and dust mask.